http://therealsingapore.com/content/pap-minister-lawrence-wong-polytechnic-graduates-are-prepared-primarily-work-not
This is seriously making me so pissed, seriously pissed by what he said!
The government is the one who claim that everybody should have equal chances for education. And now what? Now this guy said all these shit to us. I can't help but to feel that the government is so biased. Super biased. They focus more on the JCs and foreign students just because they assume they are smart enough. How about poly students? Even with a gpa of 3.6, I only have a 50/50 chance to get into a local uni. This society is just too fucked up.
Local uni is seriously damn hard to enter now, yes we have chance but it's really not easy. You really must work your ass off to get that GPA 4 in order to get in, sometimes with GPA 4, you can't even get in unless you have good achievement. Even if you managed to get in with maybe like GPA 3.8, the course that you take might not even be the one you like. Its because of the money that you will earn next time that you choose to get yourself to get in! All these places are seriously really for JCs and foreigns.
This is why so many poly students get into private uni. But to be honest, private uni degree compare to diploma, there's only slightly different. Its like you study 4 years and then the pay you get as compare to diploma, is not that much. Thats how I feel la. And the cost of private uni is soooo expensive. Just to get this piece of paper -o-. But if you don't get a degree cert now, its like you'll definitely lose out.
Now I understand why most Poly graduates goes to work.. I just feel that the government are indirectly encouraging Singaporeans to work low pay jobs because most Singaporeans, you know want to earn money and just sit there relax, don't want do hardcore job.
All I want to say is SINGAPORE GOVERNMENT IS SO BIASED & THIS SOCIETY IS DAMN FUCKED UP. IT MAKES STUDENTS LEFT WITH NO OTHER CHOICES. THEY HAD ALREADY SET A STANDARD FOR US.
If I got the money, I rather go to overseas and study and not in Singapore. Save time + not so S T R E S S.
SORRY TO KEEP USE ALL THESE VULGARITIES BUT SERIOUSLY OUR ECONOMIC DAMN FUCKED UP DAMN DAMN DAMN FUCKED UP.
" What happened to pursuing your interests, etc.? When we were in secondary school, we were never really told about university, but rather, where our interests lied in. Those who knew what they wanted to pursue naturally went to polytechnic to pursue it. However it was never clearer stated at that age that going the polytechnic would dim your chances of getting into the local universities. "
" So ultimately the question is, is it wrong to know what we want at an earlier stage in our lives as compared to the people who chose to go JC? And why should it dim polytechnic graduates chances of getting into universities? "

No comments:
Post a Comment