Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Wealth

I've finally realized that wealth is not everything after some serious thinking ytd. Yes, money can give you a better life but it does not dictates your happiness. 

What if I went to a medical check up and the doctor told me " You're diagnosed with cancer and you'll only be left with a maximum of 4 to 5 months to live. " At that point of time, does money still matters to me? Idk why am I so random but it just crossed my mind and made me realized that wealth is not everything. I thought of all the overwhelming emotions that I'll have if I am going to be under this situation and the things that I'll definitely regret and it just occurs me to how short life is. Ok, I mean I always know it but you know sometimes you just need something to enlighten you and it just happens to be so. 

Life is too short, really too short to let wealth dictates your happiness. If I am going to let wealth takes control of me, I'm definitely gonna regret for not living a life that I'm in control of. People in this generation are too affected by the society way of thinking, media, parents expectations etc. including me that it just feels like we're just robots getting control by all these circumstances. I don't want to be the " another people " in this society. I want to be different as in I'm making all my choices according to my own happiness and values, not by the society..

Its really easy to get control by wealth because of the desires that you want to achieve. But to stand firm and not let wealth gets to you require courage. To gave up on wealth to do the things you love needs courage. But I'm gonna keep a self reminder that this is my life, I'm in control of it. Life it too short to not do the things you wish to because you'll end up regretting not doing the things you wish you could. 

Yeap that's all and I'm feeling drained from all the mugging. I hope my efforts will be paid off..


No comments:

Post a Comment